It has only been a few weeks since the conclusion of the 2020 NFL Draft, which saw 14 Penn State footballers join an NFL team as a draft pick or undrafted free agent.
Yetur Gross-Matos and KJ Hamler, who were both selected as second-round picks, received their jersey numbers shortly after the draft. Gross-Matos will wear number 97 for the Carolina Panthers, while Hamler will wear number 13 for the Denver Broncos.
Since then, 10 other Nittany Lions have received their NFL jersey numbers, according to their respective team’s official websites. They are the following:
- Robert Windsor, Indianapolis Colts – No. 93
- John Reid, Houston Texans – No. 34
- Tommy Stevens, New Orleans Saints – No. 1
- Jan Johnson, Houston Texans – No. 56
- Dan Chisena, Minnesota Vikings – No. 85
- Blake Gillikin, New Orleans Saints – No. 4
- Garrett Taylor, Buffalo Bills – No. 37
- Nick Bowers, Las Vegas Raiders – No. 49
- Juwan Johnson, New Orleans Saints – No. 83
- Brandon Polk, Los Angeles Rams – No. 19
Reid will join fellow Nittany Lion and current New York Giants cornerback Grant Haley in wearing No. 34. Coincidentally, Reid’s NFL comparison, according to NFL.comwas none other than Haley.
Windsor, who wore number 54 during his Penn State career, will go with a more traditional number for a defensive lineman with number 93. Speaking of number 93, Gillikin will go from his iconic number to number 4 in the NFL. with New Orleans.
Juwan Johnson will join Detroit Lions tight end and Penn State man of letters Jesse James in wearing NFL number 83.
Currently, the only Penn State rookies without a fixed jersey number are Steven Gonzalez and Cam Brown, who joined the Arizona Cardinals and New York Giants respectively.
No Nittany Lions in this year’s draft class will represent the same number as Happy Valley.
Please choose an option below.