Government Minister Mims Davies has revealed that she had had a drink twice as she vowed to tackle the problem.
In a statement, the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Employment said she adulterated drinks in 2015 and again in 2019.
It follows reports of women having received needle injections at parties in recent months.
Ms Davies urged women who have been doped to report it “immediately” to bar staff.
She said: “I know I felt embarrassed when it happened because feeling so bad was so sudden, but I would tell women please don’t be. If this happens, immediately report it to one of the bar members or security personnel, make sure the police are alerted, try to collect evidence if you can.
“My biggest regret looking back now is throwing everything in my drink on the floor. We tried to find it later, but couldn’t.
“I know it can be hard to think straight through the shock and panic, especially if you suddenly don’t feel well, but if you can try to keep whatever you find it would really help the police.”
Describing the incidents, she said: “One (was) around 2015 at a now closed bar in Sussex. I was dating my then partner when I suddenly felt terrible and had to go home where I passed out.
“The next morning, I had virtually no memory of a normal night out with my partner and realized that something must have happened, but I didn’t know what.”
She said the other incident happened when she found an item in her glass at a bar in Haywards Heath.
“I think it was a very lucky escape in part due to my awareness of the previous horrible experience,” she said.
“This time I was with some friends and after moving from a dark part of the bar to a lighter part I took a sip of my drink which tasted really weird.
“Then I took something black and the size of a tablet from the bottom of the glass and threw it on the floor, took another sip, thought about it and then drank. a new glass. “
Ms Davies said she wrote Home Secretary Priti Patel asking what more could be done to prevent women from being doped at night.
She added that she was determined to work with government and the nightlife industry to tackle the problem of drink spikes.
“We need to tackle the culprits who think this is acceptable for women and end this unacceptable practice that is happening in our communities,” she said.
There were 274 cases of needle stick injuries during the period September to November 5 of this year.
Meanwhile, increasing alcohol consumption has long been a problem, with 2,600 recorded cases of increasing alcohol consumption in the UK between 2015 and 2019.